Website ADD ON Staffing Solutions
The Employee Advantage
Our client, an industry leader in metal stamping, has an immediate opening for CNC Operator for its Woodbury, MN headquarters. Our client company provides safe, clean, well-lit and environmentally controlled work places located in Woodbury, MN (HQ) and Eagan, MN. An excellent suite of benefits including medical, dental, 401(k) plan, vacation time and holidays is offered upon hire by our client company.
2nd Shift: 3:15pm-1:45am ?Monday-Thursday
2nd Shift: 3:15pm-11:45pm Monday-Friday
3rd Shift: 8:00pm – 6:30am Monday-Thursday
Weekend: 3:00pm – 3:30am Friday-Sunday (work 36, paid 40hrs)
Pay: $17 – $25/HR (DOE)
Position Purpose: To keep the CNC machining department running in a safe, accurate and productive manner.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBITITY
1) Program CNC machining centers
– Use/modify existing programs
– Export geometry from Keycreator
– Create new program using surfcam, (Both 2 and 3 dimensional machining.)
– Create hand written programs for prototypes or rework as required.
2) Set up CNC machining centers
– Locate fixtures, programs and applicable equipment.
– Locate and load tooling.
– Touch off tools and enter offsets.
– Run first article and inspect
– Work closely with QC to approve and initiate production run.
3) Prove programs
– Find ways to run machine more efficiently by reducing SU and production rates.
– Always assess for alternate machining methods or concepts and present to supervision.
– Place accurate notes on job header to simplify SU
– Optimize tool paths in effort to meet or exceed quoted rates.
– Request changes to SU and production rates.
– Add notes to job comments as needed.
4) Build quick fixture for prototypes or modification jobs.
– Decide how to restrain part to produce accurate results.
– Create soft jaw pockets or simple fixtures
– Back up tool room as needed.
5) Maintain the CNC production by operating and instructing (1-5) operators.
– Make sure they know how to set parts in fixtures.
– Instruct as to start/stop of operations
– Instruct what to do if there is a problem (e-stop/reset)
– Point out features they are to monitor, sharp corners, weak tools etc.
– Check to see if their tools are holding up and tolerances are being held.
– Change tools as needed when they break/wear out during runs.
– Work closely with supervisor to ensure rates are met and adjusted, both up and down to accurately reflect what the machines produce
6) Monitor maintenance needs and look for improvements.
– Notify Supervision of any issues
– Make minor repairs and place preventative measures to keep machines under optimal conditions.
– Make safety the departments' number one concern
Join Our Team!
Join ADD ON Staffing Solutions' team and get rewarded for being a great employee! ADD ON Staffing is proud to offer performance and attendance incentives as well as referral bonuses! Apply today to get connected with one of our workforce professionals and take the next step toward your future!
#ZR2 [Apply For Job]
Source: Add On Staffing Solutions
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobboard.tempworks.com/AddOnStaffing/Jobs/Details/1153444 →